Friday, April 24, 2015

"It's Just A Moment. This Time Will Pass"

I usually post regularly - in fact it was a promise to myself that I would regularly maintain the CORE blog this year. I get so many positive interactions from each blog post and I gain so much from each story someone shares with me in return. I love writing, it feeds my soul. And I love sharing my stories, thoughts and knowledge in the hope that something I say might inspire, amuse or teach someone something that they needed. It's a small little baby right now, but in my dreams and goals it will one day be something much bigger.

If I ever write in it again.

I'm stuck.

Ever been stuck? I've sat in front of this screen countless times. With so much to say. And nothing to say at all.

I have immeasurable amounts of half researched, pretty great articles saved, all ending with ....

Because I can supply the data. But not the passion.

I'm so stuck in fact that I am asking myself, as I am sure you are, what in heavens' name am I bothering writing this for and where on earth is it going? I promise, it's extremely likely to go somewhere. Stick with me while I unstick myself.

Because we ALL get stuck. Sometimes we retain the facts of matter, but we lose the heart of it. And when that happens we start to exist and we forget to live.

We get stuck in our jobs. Our health habits. Our weight. Our thoughts. Our relationships. Things we enjoy become rote and mundane, and our inability to reap the joy from them becomes a stressor, and we allow resentment to creep in.

Oh yeah. I resent writing this blog RIGHT NOW. Because I could be chilling reading People magazine in this rare moment of quiet in my home. But here I stick, slowly ripping off the band-aid.

It's a sticky situation, to be sure.

But the truth is, in life you have to choose to get unstuck. You can decide to plow onward and work at something until it becomes what you need and you can feed from it's joy once again. You can decide to change. To remove yourself or that which you are stuck to, if necessary. To make the harsh cuts when nothing else will help you get unstuck. Both of these choices are crap. They both need you to stand up, work hard, take action and be brave. But in the end, there is a pretty darn good chance that, once unstuck, you will be more free to help yourself. And from there, the possibilities for you and those you love are endless.

There is ONE other choice. You can choose to stay stuck.

But where would the world be without you?

Find Your CORE

No comments:

Post a Comment