Thursday, August 6, 2015

"Wallow"

I woke up this morning and got out of bed. Somedays lately this takes a Herculean effort. Physically and mentally, I would much, and I mean MUCH, rather stay in bed.

But I got out of bed. I got dressed. Brushed my teeth. Put my running shoes on. And stepped over 4 kids to go out my front door for my run.

Did a 7km run, with some speed intervals.

Had a cup of coffee and made breakfast for the 4 slumping zombies currently grunting around my home.

Dragged my butt downstairs, did an upper body workout and planked.

I'd still MUCH rather be in bed.

Guess who called me to check in to see if I got my workout in? Ate a healthy breakfast? Made the choices that help me be the cheery, productive person I almost always am?

No one.

In fact, no one has EVER asked, reminded, prodded, helped, motivated me to make these things happen. And despite this I rarely, if ever, let anything get in the way of making these important choices happen.

There are things that I must do everyday to ensure that I am healthy, functioning and ready to adult. I do them.

I may have lied a little. I do have some people who motivate me to get up, get moving and be the best version of myself I can manage:

Take 5 minutes today to figure out what will get you out the door. Do it. You're welcome.

Find Your CORE

No comments:

Post a Comment