Sunday, July 31, 2011

Don't Spend Time, Invest It.

Those were the words on a sign I drove by last week. Hmmm, I thought. How does one invest time? 
I often read articles about small business, marketing, customer service etc... in order to help me serve my clients needs to the best of my ability. I was reading one such column this morning. It stated that it is more important to be the best person you can be, rather than being the absolute best at what you do.  To spend the time to know the people who work for you, or who hire you for a service. Finding out things about their lives, personalities, remembering when they are recovering from an illness, calling them when they are missed, celebrating milestones with them.  Taking each opportunity to make a relationship farther than "Hello" and "Goodbye" with a few pleasantries in between.
So time is an investment. A non-fail investment when you invest it in someone. It is so true that each interaction with a fellow human being can change your day, can start an amazing relationship, can help you understand them better, and through this understand yourself a little more.
So don't spend time. Use it wisely! To make your world, and someone else's a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment