Thursday, December 23, 2010

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....

the joy of the season!
Christmas is not my favourite holiday. People think this is strange, because I am generally known for my positive energy and optimism. Christmas is the kind of occasion that I should embrace.  But I can't for some reason, especially not this year.  It's not that I hate Christmas, I actually like many of the traditions that come with it. It's just that I feel like we as a society are setting ourselves up for failure.  Nothing ever seems like enough at Christmas - didn't get enough, didn't buy enough, didn't decorate enough, didn't drink enough. People are busily rushing around making sure this is right, and that is right.  Then Christmas day passes in a flurry of activity, food and festivity, then we are left with a Christmas hangover.  Too much debt, too much food, too much drinking.  Too much to do, too much to clean up.  Then catch the boxing day sales, in case we missed anything important before Christmas.  So much build up.  So much let down.  So little peace in between.
All I want for Christmas is for my friends and family to have a chance this Christmas to let go of the stuff (material and otherwise) that drags them down.  Be uplifted instead, by the joy of laughing with friends, listening to old stories, playing and having fun. Avoid the hangover by just keeping that grateful and happy feeling close at hand in 2011. Live in the moment, love wholeheartedly and laugh until your kegels can't save you any more.
Merry Christmas to all our CORE friends! May your days be merry and bright.
We thank you from the bottom of hearts for your support this fall as we started our new venture - and you have all made it a success!
Anne, Sean, David and Amy
The CORE family

No comments:

Post a Comment