Thursday, February 12, 2015

"I Honestly Love You"

It's St.Valentines week! I am one of the few cheesy people left in the world who loves Valentine's Day. Because love is my kind of thing, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to remember and celebrate this, my most cherished and really the only, emotion that I easily identify with.
I don't need the grand gestures. It's the little things that I love the most. A card, some chocolate (chocolate actually for any occasion, but that's a whole other blog), an acknowledgement in some way meaningful to tell someone what they mean to you. Or a letter. Letters are good. They contain words, which are among my favourite things. My favourite letter I ever received began with, "to my beautiful wife" and ended with "here's to happily ever after". I know. Awwwww.

I love to write letters as well, and at the end of an absolutely fantastic day, capping off an amazing week, which is the tip of an incredible year, I thought this may be the perfect time.

5 years ago I took a leap of faith and hung out my sign. "Fitness Monkey for Sale" (or something like that). My family and I agreed to make the necessary sacrifices to allow me to have a job that gave me freedom to be able to drop my kids off to school, nurse flu bugs and still contribute to the household expenses. I worked long days and longer nights, tired and achy, but happy. Over these years I have had the immense pleasure of meeting and teaching so many wonderful people.

Our decision to start our own business has changed our lives. Yes, it has been hard. But it truly has been the most rewarding opportunity I have ever been given, and each one of our lives is so much richer for it. So this, My friends is my love letter to you.

An Open Letter to My Clients (past,current and future)

Dear COREfitfam;

Someone asked me today what I love about my profession. I was about to spout off some drivel about inspiring people to good health etc..etc... which is fine and true, but not really the heart of the matter. Truth is, I need you more than you will ever need me. I do not change your lives (although I am glad to be a part of the process). You change. You work. You commit. And you make your own dreams come true. And every time I see you embrace your strength, love yourself a little more and be empowered by your amazing accomplishments, I cannot help but strive to do the same for myself.
I am a fitness professional because I love people and I see their potential for good, and in it the ability to surprise themselves and in turn empower others.
Thank you to every single person who has moved with me.
Thank you for:
- saying hello and taking an interest in my family every time you walk through my front door. My children have learnt a whole lot about how to treat others from the way you have treated them.
-laughing at my absolutely terrible jokes
- showing up to every class or session with commitment and determination.
- not laughing when I screw up dance steps, or fall of the stage, or call an elbow a wrist.Or if you do laugh, well, I get to be in on the joke.
- trying to not have your back make farty noises when you do situps
- reminding me everyday with your best effort that you deserve nothing less from me
- being a community of people who cheer each other on.
- for not laughing (too hard) when there are real farty noises.
- for supporting my kids charitable causes, and going out of your way to do so
- for always saying something is not possible, but believing me when I say it is, and trying it wholeheartedly
- for being comfortable with being uncomfortable
- for letting me come into your homes, cuddle your pets, tickle your children, and be a part of your lives.
- just for being the type of people who realize that their health is worth the investment of money and time, and staying on the path of good health.

So this Valentine's Day, know that I am overwhelmed with the many, many, many blessings in my life. I count them each and every day, and you are all among them.

Thank you all for changing MY life.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Annie

Find Your CORE



No comments:

Post a Comment