Tuesday, January 14, 2014
The Challenge - Part One!
Who's Up for a Challenge?
So - January 18th, 2014 @ 12pm should be written into your daytimer.
Come to the studio for the first meeting of our "Biggest Winner" Team Challenge.
Participants will need the following:
- weight and measurements (not to be shared with the group)
- Blood pressure and resting heart rate
- three goals (1 Tangible (ie/ lbs lost, inches lost, body fat % lower etc...) 1 soul challenge (read a book, visit a friend go for a massage) 1 accomplishment (20 full push ups, walk 10KM, etc.. )
- a large (ish) jar
All participants will be divided into teams. Each team will be a support system and motivation for each other, and a push for each other as well when things get tough.
The challenge is as follows:
- follow a "clean eating" diet - good whole food nutrition (see our blog post this Friday)
- follow (and hopefully exceed) CSEP's current standards of physical activity:
To achieve health benefits, adults aged 18-64 years should accumulate at least 150 minutes of moderate- to vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week, in bouts of 10 minutes or more.
It is also beneficial to add muscle and bone strengthening activities using major muscle groups, at least 2 days per week.
More daily physical activity provides greater health benefits.
-satisfactorily achieve all their goals
- attend or have representation at monthly meetings
- complete each monthly challenge succesfully with their team
Winning team will split the original entry fees - half to the charity of their choice, the other half to a challenge end (June 2014) celebration of some kind. All participants will get awesome prize packages!
Sounds easy, right?
Well - maybe not at all easy - but small changes will make these above challenges do-able - we'll discuss how to implement at our first meeting!