Friday, February 11, 2011

My Goals - How are they going??

Well, not so well. I am still hopelessly attached to Diet Soda, going without for any period of time has me drooling rabidly and mumbling "aaaasppartame" incoherently everywhere I go.  I still haven't had another massage (although I have had some "me time" today with a warm blankie and a good book). My plans to cycle the Ride 4United Way with hubby would be best served if I actually got on my bike. And I have so hopelessly overscheduled myself that the hope of enjoying time with family and friends seems more a dream than reality. 
So I'll have to restart my engine, and prepare myself to attempt to follow through on my goals. All of them will change my life in small but positive ways, and all are totally achievable. One stumbling block? Me! I have to let go of the fact that these small changes aren't in the bag already. I like checking things off my list, getting my stuff done.  And in this rare instance, I have not lived up to my own lofty expectations.  Time to forgive myself and move on - something I hope that we all can do if we haven't yet achieved our New Year's goals or resolutions. Not give up, but forgive, move on and grow stronger.  Cause if I can give up aspartame - you can achieve anything, trust me!!

Go for it this year friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment