Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quality, not quantity!

Thinking alot about goals this year.  As  someone starting up their own business, you'd think I had a lot of them, but truly I am a little adrift right now.  I am in the challenging position of having to live looking no farther forward than today, which is tough. I like goals. I like to quantify my life - to be working towards something. I love the feeling of completion when a goal is reached. Satisfaction and pride in myself. But also, the fear of failure, the intense burn to succeed and the unrelenting voice telling me that anything less than completion is failure.
So I'll be setting goals for myself that result in a better life for myself and those I love, and examining what I hope to accomplish with each goal.  Choosing goals that result in a positive feeling, represent a lifelong change, that are attainable via a process that makes me feel good about myself and the world around me.
No more numbers.  No one gets lasting satisfaction from defining themselves by a number.  If weight loss is your goal, at the end of the day no one feels the benefits numerically.  You don't need to be defined by a number that, although we assign it power, basically means nothing. What means a lot, however, is the ability to pick your children up, to play your favourite sport, to live without pain, to enjoy your life.  No specific number can represent that kind of life change.
No matter your goals, don't sell yourself short by choosing quantity over quality. Make choices that reflect the life that you most desire to live. And then make the choices that will make those goals a reality.
We want to hear from you! We invite you to share a goal you have for 2011 with us.  All responses recieved before February 1st will be put in a draw for a free ZUMBAWEAR "wild" racerback tank!!

Now to put my personal goals out there in the universe:
(a) to have a massage regularly with Pierre from pURe Relaxation ( me time!  what' s that?)
(b) to cycle in three charity tours this year with my husband, including trying the longest km Ride4UnitedWay
(c) to let myself enjoy completely time with family and friends and make time to spend with everyone we love
(d) to stop my crazy diet soda addiction :(

Can't wait to hear yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment